Many people think that being a wedding planner is like the movie with Jennifer Lopez, or that I will be like Monica on Friends who planned Phoebe’s wedding (ok maybe a little) unfortunately that is not the case, but one thing I can promise is I don’t own a headset.
75% of my time is spent in the office doing research, making appointments and organising the wedding. While the other 25% involves consulting with the couple, their families and visiting suppliers.
Since most brides have a full time job and/or a family to take care of as well, you will need to be very well organised and be willing to delegate some of the tasks to your friends and family.
Just remember by being a DIY (Do It Yourself) bride your job is to do whatever it takes to ensure your special day goes exactly as planned. So always be realistic with your time and capabilities.
If you decide that you don’t want to be a DIY bride then here’s a few reasons of what a wedding planner can do for you:
- Time – It takes an incredible amount of time to plan a wedding. It is estimated the average wedding takes over 250 hours to organise. A Wedding Planner can help by doing the research in finding the right suppliers for you. It’s like having a personal assistant to look after the details that you may not have time to deal with. This will then save you a lot of time, hassle and of course, stress! And give you free time to enjoy the areas of planning you enjoy.
- Knowledge – There is very little a good Wedding Planner doesn’t know. It’s their job to listen to your dreams and make them a reality. They will also advise on all aspects of wedding etiquette and traditions. A good Wedding Planner will keep you on track by providing “To Do” lists so you and your partner know exactly what to do and when to do it. They will know how to simplify the whole process and make it clear and straight forward for you.
- Support – Wedding Planners are there to lend support and act as an independent third party. They will never get tired of talking about your wedding. A good Wedding Planner won’t take control but they will support you whenever you need it. Make sure when you meet your Wedding Planner you really get along with them they should be approachable, friendly and make you feel you can ask them anything. As the planning goes on they will become like one of your best friend’s that will be there whenever you need her to rely on. One of the best things a Wedding Planner can do is be supportive on your big day. Always & Forever Weddings will ensure everything runs smoothly, just as you have planned together. If you have started planning your own wedding, why not use Always & Forever Weddings on the day.
- Affordability – Weddings can be expensive, while hiring a Wedding Planner can seem like an extra cost, it could save you money. They can save you money by ensuring you get the best deals by negotiating with your suppliers They can also keep you on budget and point out the priorties to stop you spending on items which everyone else deems are “must haves”.
On a personally note when the time comes for me to plan my own wedding! I will have a wedding planner on the day because after all that planning I want to be able to relax and have a stress free day like everyone else.
For more information about how I can help with your wedding day please contact us